Sunday 12 July 2009

Book Review

I escape from myself, but I am not free of you, I know it. A vagabond, and free, I shall sometimes long for the shade of your walls...


Today I finished The Vagabond by Colette, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't usually like older literature, but this french translated into English book really gripped me. The descriptions used by the writer are exquisite, and the detailed similies and analogies made me copy some into my 'quote book' because I liked them so much.

It is a romance story like no other - the leading character, Renee, has been hurt once before by love and the story unfolds a sorrowful tale of 'once bitten, twice shy'.

A darling read, definitely recommended.

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

O.M.G how fabulous does your blog look! :o I LOVE it!

------> Thank you for the link m'dear! :D

The book looks really good! Different, I like it!I could defo see you becoming a writer! :D

Love Kirsty .x.